Fibre optic cables are used to trigger your strobe, by using the camera’s flash, or a flash trigger that can be installed inside your camera’s housing. It passes a very fast flash of light to your strobe and your strobe fires.
The advantages of using a fibre optic cable vs a Synch Cord:
- No penetration of the housing so no concern of flooding
- Removable in water
- Fairly durable, difficult to damage
- No electronic bulkheads to flood
- No O-rings to maintain
- Can do TTL without the need of a converter, with compatible strobes
- Takes up very little space in your camera bag
- Relatively inexpensive
Please note that different length and brands of fibre optic cables are available in our store.
We have a variety of fibre optic cables available, although our Sea & Sea Optic Cable II M2 is our most popular
This is a high-quality fibre-Optic Cable is composed of 613 fibers (cores). Even when the cable is bent, attenuation of light is minimal. Therefore, the light signal will be transmitted to a strobe without loss. Compared with single fibre cables, the Fibre-Optic Cable II is more resistant to distortion, bending and physical impact.
– Construction: Methacrylic Resin
– Fiber Diameter: 1.5mm
– Cable Diameter: 2.7mm